Vintage Comics

Saggi, guide, "Art of", eccetera..., (Segnalazioni pubblicazioni estere)

« Older   Newer »
Pangur Bán
view post Posted on 28/7/2015, 14:26 by: Pangur Bán

Spirito con la Scure

Group:

Krieger - Michael Rechlin Concept Art & Illustrations

Artista: Michael Richlin
Anno: 2014
Formato: 8x11 inches, softcover, 52 pagine in b/n
Signed with original sketch!
Prezzo: $ 20,00
ISBN: 5800102127798

CITAZIONE
And what a sketch! This is actually a half-page sized pencil drawing with a lot of detail. He really pulled out the stops on this one! “Germanic mythology, folk tales, and copious amounts of Dungeons and Dragons and Frazetta are what set me on the path of fantasy illustration. For a little over a decade now, I've been selling my art on a regular basis. My work has been published by Aristata, Brandstudio, and Sacred Wolf to name a few. My current clients include Raku Games, Blood Moon Miniatures and Dark Sword Miniatures.”

Here are some of the gnarliest warriors and beasts you’re likely to ever see. You can see the influence of Frazetta’s Death Dealer, of Simon Bisley’s over-the-top creature-killers, of grizzled warriors of legend and myth. Lots of detail, weapons, shrunken heads, gory trophies, etc.

Warfare - Character Design and Illustrations By Michael Rechlin

Warfare-Character-Design-and-Illustrations-By-Michael-Rechlin-1

Artista: Michael Richlin
Anno: 2015
Formato: 8x11 inches, softcover, 44 pagine in b/n
Signed, with major pencil drawing!
Prezzo: $ 20,00
ISBN: 5800109467620

CITAZIONE
Once again, Rechlin offers a fine selection of art, topped off by a detailed 1/2-page drawing, each one unique!! See the two examples we’ve scanned and you’ll see what I mean. Well drawn trolls, Vikings, Valkyries, monsters, assassins, warriors, demons...all with an over-the-top edge, not unlike Simon Bisley’s wild subjects.

“Germanic mythology, folk tales, and copious amounts of Dungeons and Dragons and Frazetta are what set me on the path of fantasy illustration. For a little over a decade now, I've been selling my art on a regular basis. My work has been published by Aristata, Brandstudio, and Sacred Wolf to name a few. My current clients include Raku Games, Blood Moon Miniatures and Dark Sword Miniatures.”

Here are some of the gnarliest warriors and beasts you’re ever likely to see. You can recognize the influence of Frazetta’s Death Dealer in this new helping of grizzled armored men, half-men, and creatures. Lots of detail, weapons, shrunken heads, gory trophies, etc. Michael’s first sketchbook that we handled, Krieger: Michael "Viking Myke" Rechlin Concept Art & Illustrations (2104), remains available. It also has an original ½ -page pencil drawing equally as detailed and impressive.

318 replies since 22/3/2015, 22:21   9259 views