Vintage Comics

Uack! Tutte le storie di Carl Barks Ed. Panini

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 28/11/2015, 21:58

Piccolo Nessuno

Group:
...continuavano a chiamarlo Trinità

CITAZIONE (comicscol @ 21/11/2015, 11:06) 
Qualcuno di voi sta proseguendo questa serie?

Io sì! da quando son rimasto orfano della "Zio Paperone", sto cercando di sostituirla, anche se son perfettamente conscio che non è la stessa cosa! :cry: ora aspettiamo questi cambiamenti di cui ha accennato Jhendrik... perchè la Zio Paperone fece il cambiamento dal numero 70 in poi, (primi 69 numeri con sole storie di Barks), mentre quì siamo solo al numero 21! :?:

view post Posted on 29/11/2015, 10:10

Lungo Fucile

Group:
Disney

L'unica cosa certa è che partirà anche una serie dedicata ad autori internazionali, tra i quali sicuramente Don Rosa, ma non (mi) è chiaro il nesso tra questa faccenda e il cambiamento di Uack.

Di sicuro, però, Uack deve cambiare perché ci stiamo avvicinando al momento del pensionamento di Barks, intendo quello in cui la rivista americana Uncle $crooge perde le sue inedite, ed esendo Uack nato come orta di ristampa ragionata del Barks di U$...

Gr@
view post Posted on 29/11/2015, 19:12

Bella notizia, quella relativa a Don Rosa. Sai qualcosa di più preciso?

view post Posted on 29/11/2015, 20:10

Lungo Fucile

Group:
Disney

No. Ed è bello così: riscopriamo il gusto dell'attesa!

daniele12
view post Posted on 29/11/2015, 20:37

Io avevo capito che "Uncle Scrooge"pubblicato in ordine cronologico ,avrebbe preceduto altre testate ,sempre di Barks (Full Color Comics); invece avremo altre storie da US ,ma non di Barks?

tuttoilpalazzo
view post Posted on 28/12/2015, 10:46

Uncle Scroge 241 del 1990 pubblica la storia "Zio Paperone e la lattuga mimetica" restaurata e ricondotta all'origine mediante le vignette ridisegnate da Don Rosa ma anche rimettendo a posto i dialoghi e in Uack! n°18 (25 anni dopo!) ripropongono la storia sbagliata? Su Uack! ristampano la storia di Zio Paperone quando ancora non erano state trovati i dialoghi originali che a causa dei tagli di alcune vignette per inserire pubblicità vennero modificati rispetto a quanto scritto da Barks ...

... ecco l'articolo scansito da US 241 in cui tutta la questione viene spiegata ... io mi sto comprando Uack! per avere meglio rispetto a Zio Paperone (di cui ho una collezione completa) e invece ...

THE CRUELEST CUTS OF ALL
By the time Carl Barks started work on "How Green Was My Lettuce," he had already been the victim of unplanned page cuts in some of his previous stories. For example, a total of five pages were excised from "Back to the Klondike" (Uncle Scrooge Four Color 456), including the famous "barroom brawl" sequence, because his editors objected to, as Barks put it, the "violence and dance hall atmosphere!' That art was saved and restored to the story when Gladstone printed it in Comic Album No. 2. Two pages were also dropped from "Mythic Mystery" (US 34), this time to make room for last-minute advertisements, but they have never surfaced. Barks probably thought he had solved the ad-vertising problem, even if he could never totally anticipate what his editors might find objection-able. In a 1961 letter he commented, "Scrooge #35 will have no unplanned cuts. I found out about the ad stunt in time to write the book's material to fit." For almost the next three years his stories were printed as drawn, but eventually pages were cut from two 1964 adventures, "Rug Riders in the Sky" (US 50) and "How Green Was My Lettuce" (US 51), once again to make room for ads. "Rug Riders in the Sky" lost only one page. "No doubt readers got more pleasure from the Bullwinkle Cheerios ad that was made possible by the scrapping of that page," Barks observed in 1989 notes written for The Carl Barks Library. It is not known if the deleted page is still extant. "How Green Was My Lettuce" is a different matter. Of the two pages excised from it, one and three-fourths pages have been found and restored to the story for this edition. Combined with pub-lished page two, they comprise the second, third, and fourth pages of the story. The still missing quarter-page has been newly drawn by Don Rosa and inserted where it logically seems to fit: as the second tier of restored page 2. Astute readers comparing the originally published page 2 (shown here) with the same panels In the restored version will notice some changes have been made in the published art. This was done in the belief that Barks' editors at Western had tampered with his art to make the story work after deleting so much material. Our goal was to restore the sequence to a close approximation of its intended form. To begin with, the words "Wak! Gophers!" in panel 4 here have been deleted because the next sequence in the excised portion reveals that Scrooge does not yet know about the gophers. he words "Now what?" in Scrooge's dialogue n panel 5 have been changed to "Suddenly?" because McDuCk had just exclaimed "Wak! Now what?" in the previous panel when the deleted portions are restored (see page 3, panel 7). And finally, a small black dot, intended to represent Scrooge running from his bin, has been whited out of panel 7 and an additional dialogue balloon has been given to one of the nephews. He now asks "Where's Unca Scrooge?" This was done to lead into Donald's dialogue in the next restored panel, which reads: "I don't see him, but there's a two-ton sack of money coming out of the door!" (page 4, panels 4 and 5). A reader unaware of the deletions in "How Green Was My Lettuce" might have thought the published page two was poorly written and frenetically paced. He might also have shook his head in bewilderment at the caption that begins the next page (5). It reads: "the bin is indeed under-mined by gophers!" and the "indeed" makes no sense without reference to Scrooge's comment in the previous deleted panel ( "But I've a strong idea now it's all caused by gophers!"). Fortunately, Barks managed to avoid any further butchering of his work for the remainder of his tenure on Uncle Scrooge. His stories clearly work best when published intact, as he conceived, wrote, and drew them.
—Byron Erickson

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 12:43

Patriarca del Clan Mac Donald

Group:
Disney

Mi è sorto un dubbio vedendo i vari annunci sulla baia...ma esistono versioni diverse della variant del numero 1?

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 12:53

Piccolo Nessuno

Group:

CITAZIONE (carpi87 @ 24/1/2016, 12:43) 
Mi è sorto un dubbio vedendo i vari annunci sulla baia...ma esistono versioni diverse della variant del numero 1?

Sì! c'è quella Gold che costa 6 euro... ;)

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 13:14

Group:
Disney

CITAZIONE (capellidargento62 @ 24/1/2016, 12:53) 

Si, ma di questa versione oro esistono più versioni?
Lo chiedo perché sulla baia i colori delle copertine variano dal bronzo, all'oro, al giallo fluo :unsure:

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 13:39

Piccolo Nessuno

Group:

Io ho solo questa che ho postato, (oltre a quella bianca classica). ;)

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 14:22

Lungo Fucile

Group:
Disney

No, è una sola; sono solo effetti di luce, flash ecc.

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 14:43

Piccolo Nessuno

Group:

CITAZIONE (jhendrik @ 24/1/2016, 14:22) 
No, è una sola; sono solo effetti di luce, flash ecc.

Lo immaginavo, ma con la Panini non si può mai essere sicuri... -_-

view post Posted on 24/1/2016, 14:45

Group:
Disney

Infatti ho chiesto apposta...anche perché le differenze di colore sono evidenti :blink:

view post Posted on 28/1/2016, 21:14

Erede della Famiglia De Frissac

Group:

Ho saputo che presto Uack proseguira' con un altro artista,qualcuno sa fino a quale numero ci sara' Barks,ora che siamo al n. 23?

72 replies since 25/3/2014, 12:49   1981 views